Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes leakage of urine after passing the motion?

I'm slightly over weight ( 94kg - 5.11") 40yrs old male Indian married with 4 kids, from past few years when I pass urine or does stool/motion, I feel urine leaks in few drops after few minutes. specially after stool/motion performing anus becomes hard like rubber and after 10-15min when muscles becomes flexible/normal and few drops of urine leaking almost every time - please advice.
Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Advised further tests for proper diagnosis... Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for sharing your concern with HCM. I have read your medical history and feel sorry for the situation you are in. Leakage of few drops of urine after passing the motion/urine, might be related to: - urinary tract infection (UTI) - genital infection - possible problems to urethral sphincters The very first thing to do is to run some lab tests in order to exclude the above-mentioned problems: - urine analysis - culture of seminal fluid - abdominal/genital ultrasound Depending on the test results, specific treatment will be prescribed. Meanwhile, I advise to: - keep a good genital hygiene - avoid constipation - limit/avoid caffeine/energetic, alcoholic/carbonated drinks Feel free to ask me other questions you might have! Dr.Albana