What causes late period with a negative HPT?

Mar 2016

My Gf have problem of late periods.It was about to come by 15 days before but has not yet come. and also she had taken two times pregnany test by the pregnancy kits and it show as negative,i ahve done finguring into her vagina and thinks might b sperm had got into it. what should i do. Plz suggest
Posted Wed, 15 Jan 2014 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer: DETAILS ARE BELOW. FOLLOW THIS. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. First, you should know that pregnancy depends on proper timing of unprotected sex with ejaculation or precum inside vagina and ovulation (occurs 14 days prior to next due date) or fertile days (11th-18th of regular 28-30 days cycle). Only fingering inside vagina doesn't let her pregnant. Also, she gets two negative test results after missed period. Second thing, in the absence of pregnancy, late period could be due to hormonal imbalance, mental stress or depression, over weight or rapid loss, irregular diet habit, pelvic or vaginal infection etc. Here, I suggest to undergo one pelvic ultrasound scan, hormone test and vaginal swab test to narrow down the underlying causes and confirm the diagnosis. You can consult with GYNECOLOGIST for proper guidance of above tests after clinical evaluation. She need to take hormonal medication to induce period. In addition, she must take healthy diet with more green vegetables and IRON supplements, keep bowel habit regular, drink more water, control body weight by regular physical exercise, avoid stress by yoga or meditation & take sound sleep. Hope, I have answered your query. Let me know, if you need further clarification. Wish your good health and practice safe sex in future. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW