What causes large red patch on tongue leading to loss of taste?

Hi I'm XXXXXXX My tongue has a large red patch in the middle back and is yellowish elsewhere. My sense of taste is off completely and my tongue feels as though I have burned it
Posted Sun, 5 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query and photograph. Probably you are suffering from a condition called as geographic tongue. Sometimes it is due to low vitamin level or can be an auto immune disorder. Please take vitamin B complex capsules daily one for at least 3 months. Also apply triamcinolone oral paste twice daily. This will give you relief. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you