What causes knot inside penis?

I'm terribly embarrassed to say that I tried to insert a foot-long piece of power cord into my penis and now it won't come out. There is apparently a knot from where the cord looped thru itself about 2 inches inside my penis. I'd really prefer a solution that precludes my wife from finding out (and my family doctor!). Thank you for any advice you may have.
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: Rush to ER Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Hi , I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern. In such situations i would advise you not to manipulate further and visit ER , as long term compression by a cord can lead to reduced blood supply and ischemia. Do not hesitate , it's not a matter of embarrassment , it's matter of saving your critical organ and avoiding injuries to it. If you have inserted it inside through your urethera (opening of penis) , there might be injury to ureters. Just rush to ER. This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any query you may please ask me. Stay Healthy. Dr Anshul Varshney , MD