What causes knee pain and a swollen lump on knee cap?
User rating for this question
Posted Sun, 2 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Bursitis? Please reply for my doubts. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understand your concern. I suspect you are suffering from Bursitis. I would like have few answers. Where exactly the swelling is either on medial or lateral or upper or lower of knee in which leg? Do you have any recent fall or injury? Do you have any redness or swelling? Does the swelling appears only on flexion or extension of knee? Do you have any fever? Are you a regular active sports person? Waiting for your response.
Follow-up: What causes knee pain and a swollen lump on knee cap? 10 minutes later
Thank you for answering, The bump is pn the lower left knee and there is some swelling and not much redness. I attatched photos.
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 8 hours later
Brief Answer: InfraPatellar Bursitis. Rest, NSAIDs, Ice pack Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your photos and query. It's look like Infrapatellar bursitis. Bursa is nothing but a sac containing a fluid that lies between the muscle tendon and bone. You should give rest to the knee joint. Do not flex or over extend the knee. Avoid putting direct pressure on the knee such as when kneeling. Apply ice pack every four to six hours. It may help in decrease the inflammation. If the pain is intolerable, then take NSAIDs like Ibuprofen once or twice daily. Rest to the joint is very vital in treatment of bursitis. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.
People also viewed
- What causes sharp knee pain
- Fertyl 100mg tablet chemical composition
- Body weakness and empty cella
- What is the cause and treatment for knee pain
- What could cause knee pain
- Adco sporozole 100mg side effects
- What causes warmness in the body
- What causes persistent knee pain
- Low body temp causesblurred vision
- Can weed smoking cause body odor
- Doxycycline hyclate 100mg once a day is enough
- Causes of left knee pain
- Does lisinopril cause lower body temp
- Does fertyl 100mg improve the mestrul clcle
- Thyroxine sodium ip 100mcg for weight gain