What causes knee pain after sitting?
User rating for this question
Hello Doc, one month back when i played cricket, at the time of fielding some twist on my right Knee, and i went to doc took xray, and no fracture and even no swelling also, now when i am walking i not gating any pain, when i sit for some time and again i start walking its paining for some time. how can i get permanent pain free.
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Due to muscle spasm. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for your query. I have read your query in detail. Pain you get after sitting might be due to muscle spasm and stiffness. To get rid of these, do knee strengthening and gradual & gentle stretching exercises to relive the spasm. Do moist heat fomentation of the painful area so as to increase the blood supply to the underlying muscles and also the relax them. Gentle massaging of the painful area with pain killer creams may also help. Yo can take anti -inflammatory drugs like Tablet Motrin 1 tablet as and when required to relieve pain. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile WWW.WWWW.WW Take care
People also viewed
- Left rib pain and nausea
- Tension in left side of neck
- What causes sharp knee pain
- Above left rib muscle spasms
- What are the side effects of optimum charcoal?
- What is the cause of knee pain after injury
- What causes persistent knee pain
- Is ear congestion a side effect of olmesartan?
- Upper left shoulder and neck pain
- Left neck pain and spinning sensation
- Is decreased vision a side effect of naproxen?
- What causes knee pain after sitting
- What are the possible causes for knee pain while sitting
- Is fever or chills a side effect of nilotinib?
- Is trouble sleeping a side effect of nasacort?