What causes joints pain while walking near feet?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Hi Dr. in my left leg joint near to feet it pains on movement. even if I press it pains just below the joint on outer part of my leg. please suggest
Posted Sun, 5 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 24 hours later
Brief Answer: Following measures will help with the pain Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. From description it seems that you have pain at your ankle. Cause of your pain could be tendonitis or arthritic changes. You need an x-ray of involved area to rule out any arthritic or bony changes. Whatever the cause of ankle pain, rehabilitation of the ankle involves a step wise manner of exercises. Initially gentle movement of the ankle is initiated with gradual progression to strengthening exercises. I would suggest getting this evaluated by an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. You may get the X-ray/ MRI of the area affected under his/her guidance. Meanwhile following measures will help with the pain • Anti -inflammatory drugs like Tablet Motrin 1 tablet as and when required • Give adequate rest and avoid any movement that causes pain. • Apply diclofenac gel on the affected area. Warm compresses will also help. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care