What causes itchy sensation without rash?

My skin hurts to the point I am uncomfortable even wearing clothes. This is all over my body and can feel prickly. My dermatologist says that since there is no rash or redness, that it is not an allergy. My back Dr. said that because it is all over and not in a specific are, that it is not a pinched nerve. My internist ran blood tests and everything came back normal. I have no numbness, muscle weakness or fatigue. This started on or about Sept 28. after I had cosmetic surgery on my eyes and had an allergic reaction to the bacatracin ointment my Dr. had me put on my stitches. She put me on a prednisone pack to handle the swelling etc. Is it possible to have shingles without a rash?
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: not shingles Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query. This type of itchy sensation without rash occurs in psycho somatic disorders. It means conditions in which actually there is no problem with the skin but brain is hyper active and generation the itch and sensation. Treatment for such disorders are with anti psychotic drugs. Unnecessary tests won't help you. This type of sensation is not related to shingles. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you