What causes itchy red toes with blisters?

please tell me what are wrong with my toes it is only on my toes they are red blistery looking and itch like crazy the only relief i get is to rub them with ice see when they start to itch is when they get hot and they flare up and i have to get them cool again see my feet are always cold it mostly happens at night and when i get up
Posted Sun, 19 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: Athelete foot. KOH Test. Antifungal medication. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understand your concern. I suspect it to be a Athlete's foot. It is a fungal infection and cause itchy blisters. Athlete's foot thrives in thick, tight shoes that squeeze the toes together and create warm, moist areas between them. Damp socks and shoes and warm, humid conditions also favor the organisms' growth. Plastic shoes, in particular, provide a welcoming environment for fungal growth and infection. How to diagnose? We take skin scrapings or samples from the infected area and view them under a microscope. This is called a potassium hydroxide (KOH) test. If a sample shows fungi, treatment may include an antifungal medication. If the test is negative, we may examine the area with a Wood's lamp (black light) to see if there is a reddish fluorescence caused by erythrasma bacteria. If both tests are negative, a sample may be sent to a lab to determine whether it will grow fungi under the right conditions. This test is known as a culture. We may also order a culture if your condition doesn't respond to treatment. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.
Follow-up: What causes itchy red toes with blisters? 36 minutes later
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please post a picture. How long? Detailed Answer: Hello Will you please post a picture of the itch blister in your foot. So that i can diagnose it easily. How long you have this problem. Wishing you good health.