What causes itchy rash on body?

I have a rash that keeps spreading and is very itchy. Started on my stomach below my breasts. Thought it was heat rash. Then it was on my arm folds, armpits, back of knees. Now on my stomach and top of thighs a little on my neck. They are not blister like and don't ooze. Very dry on parts of skin. VERY itchy. and I have been getting headaches more than normal
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Eczema Detailed Answer: Dear patient, Thanks for the pictures and the questions. The location, quality of the symptoms with itch, the associated dryness is typical of eczema with xerosis, a benign condition thought to be in part allergic but also because of loss of the lipid cover on top of the skin. Topical treatments tend to be effective: you can actually mix a low dose steroid such as hydrocortisone at 1% with a topical antihystaminic like dyphenhydramine cream, and apply to the affected areas 3 to 4 times a day; after the first 48 to 72 hours, you should see improvement if this is the correct diagnosis; if the symptoms persist, I would recommend having a face to face physical with your medical provider. Hope that helps, wish you both the best, Dr Brenes-Salazar MD Mayo Clinic MN