What causes itching in the labia minora along with small spots and white vaginal discharge?

Question
Hi, for the past few days I ve been experiencing itchiness on my labia minora. I examined it today and found small spots in varying sizes all over, when I stretched the labia minora. I dont know if its those spots that is causing the itch or somthing else. These spots are underneath the skin. I tried to pierce one but couldnt. When i press it hard, i feel an itchy sensation.I am getting thick odourless white discharge. Itchiness on my labia minora recur every alternate month or so and last for a day or two, sometimes even a week. Sometimes even the opening of the vagina itches. I ve seen doctors few times who diagnosed it as yeast infection. As the itch recurs, I have stopped going to doctors. Please help me.
Posted Thu, 16 Jan 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: You need prolonged antifungal treatment. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX I have analyzed your query, it seems to be again a candidial infection to me. In most of the patients vulvovaginal candidiasis gets cured completely, but in 5% it becomes a recurrent problem. If you were my treating patient I would have examined you clinically, get a vaginal swab for microscopy and also a PAP test. After confirming it as candidial infection I would have given you oral Fluconazole (antifungal antibiotic) monthly. You might need a prolonged treatment for almost 6 months for the recurrent candidial infection. Along with oral treatment I would have advised you vaginal clotrimazole and clindamycin vaginal pessary for 5 days and for itching I would have advised you clobetasol + miconazole(antifungal) cream for local application. Most importantly get your blood sugar checked, sometimes blood sugar derangements can cause recurrent candidiasis. If you are sexually active abstain from sex till the infection is controlled. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!

Follow-up: What causes itching in the labia minora along with small spots and white vaginal discharge? 17 hours later
Thank you. What about the spots underneath the skin of labia minora. They are permanent and doesnt cause any problem. But when the itchiness starts, It feels like those spots are causing the itch. They are not water blisters and no puss when pressed. They are just there, in various sizes. Is it normal to have these spots and can they itch? Also, iam not very active sexually, but whenever it happens,, the first few times, the penetration is extremely painful and sex has to be stopped at once.It feels like the skin inside the vagina is swollen and its being peeled off. Because of this, I hardly have sex or enjoy. I had a pap test done a year back and result came normal. Doc prescribed meds for yeast infection. But i still experience extreme pain during sex. My doctor dont seem to understand the problem. Somtimes its embarrasing to explain when in a face to face conversation. What could be the reason for this pain? I dont have any other problem down there apart from recurrent itchiness, painful penetration and those spots. Vaginal discharge seem to increase as itchiness recur but they look normal and are odourless. Are there on the counter meds available for these problems. Please help.

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 17 hours later
Brief Answer: Bumps could be clogged sebaceous glands Detailed Answer: Hi, I apologize for the late response; I was away from my computer due to unavoidable reasons. Coming back to your question, these small white bumps could be clogged sebaceous glands with super added infection with bacteria or fungi which is causing itching. If you are having more than one sexual partner kindly rule out STIs- i.e sexually transmitted infections. Kindly follow my advise which I have mentioned you in my previous answer. Also keep the vaginal area clean and dry, never poop or squeeze the bumps, use loose cotton undergarments. All the best. Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!