What causes itching in arms and wrist with round patches after spilling peroxide?
User rating for this question
I just started to feel a little itchy on my right arm and wrist area. immediately I got small white round patches, the size of a lentil. Some faded and a couple are left. one on the palm of my hand appeared a little later. I was resting my arm against the counter top in my kitchen. I remember earlier that I may have spilled a little peroxide much earlier in the day on that part of the counter. What do you think this could be. I am currently on Pravastain, Synthroid, Cardizem, & Lexapro. I was at a doctor's office for a routine visit. about 2 hours before this happened. Edit Delete Posted By : Sjaber626 The round spot on my palm of my hand just slowly disappeared. One is left on my arm and my arm feels a little itchy.
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: allergic reaction Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query. You have developed an allergy to either peroxide or some other material on the table. This type of reaction is called as allergic contact dermatitis. you need treatment with oral anti histamine like cetrizine. Also apply a mild steroid like cream fluticasone twice a day. You will get relief within 3 days. There is nothing to worry, it is common condition and is easily treatable. Thank you
People also viewed
- What causes itching and swelling in wrist
- Causes of spots on wrist and arms
- Bitter taste in mouth at night
- Bitter melon for lipomas
- Eption 100mg tablet use
- What causes pain in arms from elbows to wrists
- Black and purple border
- What a bitter mouth indicates
- What causes pain in left arm and wrist
- Side effects chemotherapy bloated belly
- Mild concentric lvh present in 2d echo?
- Yellow stuff leaking from ears
- Hbsag clia report reference ranges
- What causes a peroxide taste
- Bitter tongue and tiredness