What causes itching in arms and legs after a meth shot

I did a shot of meth into the crook of my arm. drew back blood and it hurt/stung at the end. Right after my hands started itching, then my lower arms, it comes and goes. Legs are itching a little too, but it's only where i can see veins. I've never had this happen before, i'm worried. I was thinking maybe I hit an artery?
Posted Thu, 13 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Jorge Brenes-Salazar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Potentially arterial stick Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Thanks for the query. It could have been an arterial stick, as usually hitting arterial punctures are more painful than venous; we see that in the hospital when we have to obtain arterial blood versus venous blood for testing. The smartest thing that you can do is quitting for good; you are young, and have all your life ahead. Life has so many things to look out for, look at the nature, a sunset, they are never the same, good friends and talks, the smile of children, the smile of old people... You did it once, you can do it again with help. You have all your life ahead, I'm only a year younger than you but I can certainly tell you as a physician and man that life is far better clean... Not worth to be a slave when you can be free... Hope this helps, wish you the best, Dr Brenes-Salazar MD Mayo Clinic MN Cardiology