What causes itching and tingling on penis after unprotected sex?

Question
I had unprotected sex with my GF. I am feeling mild itching on tip of penis intermittently....no discharge..no redness...no spots...no burning while urinating...some times tingling happens...
Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Both partners be checked & treated if indicated. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX Thanks for the query through Health Care Magic. Unprotected sex & it's after effects are always feared to be due to STDs - If I mistake not, that's the case with you too. I understand your concern. It's good that the itching you have is not accompanied by any swelling/discharge/redness/spots/burning. You do not need to be scared, but of course, you must know the possibilities & rule out some conditions that are possible, also treat it for now & be careful in future. The possible causes of itching in your case are- - Dryness of the skin fold at penile tip/ excessive stretching during sex- which has caused injury& irritation-which gets healed & while that process the itching starts intermittently. In such a case you need to apply soothing agent like aloe Vera cream & use lubricating agent in future to prevent. -The other possibility is Trichomoniasis infection in female partner- which is sexually transmitted to male while unprotected sex. The infection may present as intermittent itching to start with.-to progress with burning in urination/ white discharge at later stages. Treatment should include examination/investigations (if needed)/treatment of both the partners simultaneously. Intercourse should be avoided till cure. Multiple courses are needed in few cases for complete cure. * To know the exact cause, you should start with local cleanliness along with antibiotic cream + Aloe-Vera cream. It should heal within 3-4 days. In case there is no relief get your GF checked by a gynecologist for check up & treatment advice for both of you. Usually Tab. Metranidazole orally along with vaginal pesseries & ointment for local application is given in such cases. Please don't worry. The condition is completely curable. I hope the information given has helped you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help. Thanks.