What causes itching and discoloration in ankle when suffering from Schamberg disease?
User rating for this question
I have a discoloration, Schamber disease, PPP, whatever in both ankles and calves. I recently got intense itching and swelling in both, and have had bouts of swelling in ankles and tops of feet on and off for years. One doctor guessed that leg vein valves were not as functional as in youth. Some hair loss on outer sides of calves. The intense itching may have been exposure to epoxy (which I am allergic to) or urethane , as I am a taxidermist and have sensitized myself to epoxy, both vapor and contact. I am concerned about the swelling.It does go away when I keep my feet elevated at night, but standing seems to bring it back.
Posted Sat, 15 Feb 2014 in Heart Failure
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Possible side effect of Amlodipine (ca-blocker)... Detailed Answer: Hi, The swelling in your feet that is when you stand and goes away when keep elevated is due to your main disease (clotting in deep vein). Your medical data is not indicative for heart failure. However, I suggest to - consult cardiologist and to do cardiac echo - consult angiologist and do echo doppler of the deep veins At the end,you are also reporting to be using Amlodipine (ca-blocker). I suggest to consult with cardiologist to change therapy as it might be a cause to the swelling in your feet. Hope it was of help! Dr.Benard You can forward your test reports to assist you further! Thank you!
People also viewed
- Using propygenta nf cream continuous have any side effects?
- How long canbthe heart go without oxygen
- What should be done in schamberg disease
- Spasmo proxyvon wiki
- Decdan medicine wiki
- Treatment and cure for schamberg disease
- Does loestrin cause bv
- Diagnosis of schamberg disease
- Why heart failure throws up
- Can fluid around the heart cause death
- What are the problems related to schamberg disease
- Energy drinks and heart failure
- Loss of hearing and heart failure
- Schamberg disease causes
- Eating oranges makes me sweat