What causes itching and cluster of bumps filled with clear liquid on the waistline?

Dermatologist
Question
I wore a pair of high waisted pants the other day and when I went to the restroom my waistline area itched and after I scratched a cluster of bumps appeared that were clear fluid filled. Not knowing what it was I picked with them they burst and scabbed over. It has been 2 days no pain or itching. Do I need to be tested for herpes. Thanks Young female
Posted Fri, 17 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: Allergic skin reaction Detailed Answer: Hi See, from the description it looks like you have developed a contact irritant reaction which is an allergic reaction from some material which came in contact with the skin. Still I would like to have a look at the exact skin lesions first. Please click some close up pictures of the skin lesions and upload them here on this page. You can also mail them at YYYY@YYYY with heading as ref to Dr Geetika Paul. Dr Geetika Paul

Follow-up: What causes itching and cluster of bumps filled with clear liquid on the waistline? 11 minutes later
Here is what it looks like after 2 days

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 3 hours later
Brief Answer: folliculitis Detailed Answer: Hi See I would like to admit that the picture is not very clear. From what I can make out from the picture, you seem to have developed lesions of folliculitis which is basically an infection of the hair follicle. Since you developed itching immediately, it looks like you developed an allergic reaction to something that came in contact with the skin. It could be the inner cloth lining or any metallic buttons over the pants. Itching or scratching at such lesions can lead on further infection. It would be great if you can send me some better pictures. If it is not possible, then I would suggest you treatment on the lines of folliculitis. You should keep the affected area clean and dry. Clean it with lukewarm saline water twice a day and apply a topical antibiotic cream over it. For the associated itching, take some antihistamines like benadryl. Wear cotton clothes . Avoid any friction at the area. Do not apply things like dettol or savlon over it. Now it is quite unlikely to be herpes, but if in case you have any recent history of exposure, then to be very sure , I would like to have a better closer look at the skin lesions. Dr Geetika Paul

Follow-up: What causes itching and cluster of bumps filled with clear liquid on the waistline? 22 minutes later
Here are a couple more quality. I have never had anythin like this and just want to make sure. I googled imaged herpes and ingrown hairs but I dont have any symptoms of herpes nor i there any thing in my vaginal area just up here. Secondly the day they appeared i had on high waisted pants and was pretty hot from cooking dinner and helping aroun the house

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: herpes infection Detailed Answer: Hi I have seen the attached pictures. I am afraid the skin lesions look like those of herpes only. I would advise you to see a nearby dermatologist and get yourself evaluated for the same. You will need a couple of blood tests for confirmation of the diagnosis. For the time being, just apply a topical antibiotic cream over the area. Dr Geetika Paul

Follow-up: What causes itching and cluster of bumps filled with clear liquid on the waistline? 1 hour later
Ok thank you for your help.

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: Best of health Detailed Answer: You are welcome Wishing you speedy recovery Dr Geetika Paul