What causes itching and burning in the groin when suffering from eczema?

Jan 2014

Hello, well maybe for a few months now I have these episodes where around my groin becomes extremely itchy and burns sometimes keeping me up at night. It may last about three days and go away for some weeks and returns. It also becomes very sore after the first day of the outbreak. I also have eczema so I'm not sure it that has anything to do with it. It also spreads to my anus. I don't know what to do or what's wrong, thanks in advance, cj
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need additional information Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for posting your concern at XXXXXXX I would keep a possibility of either Tinea Cruris OR scabies. I would like to gather some more information from you in order to be able to help you better -Does anyone else in the family suffer from similar complaints/itching? -Is it involving the groin folds? How does the rash look like? Is it similar to insect bites or is it like circular patches with marginal scaling? take care