What causes itchiness and stickiness around testicles and scrotum ?

Hello, I'm 24 years old and sexually active. I was checked for STD's and I was negative. I've gone to see my doctor to see what was wrong with me. I have sticky testicals and toward the scrotum. He prescribed a "vaginal Fungal" pill to buy from the pharmacy I don't remember the name. Only can take it once and twice the maximum. It helped for 3 days then that's when I took the 2nd one. Helped again but went back to the sticky feeling. As if I have adhesive tape all over. I'm very clean person. I shower 2X a day so it can't be from not being clean or from sweat. I tried Lotromin,baby powder,gold bond powder,anti-itch cream. It helps but if I don't use it everyday. Nothing seems to work! so I need to fix this problem because it's very irritating. It burns around the scrotum once in a while especially when I need to urinate. Burns below my testicals and then itches sometimes but not as much as my scrotum. Thanks very much!
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Sunil.N 2 hours later

The history of itchness ,stickness of skin are possibly because of Fungal infections.

The treatment for fungal infections lasts for weeks ,you can continue with the Lotromin cream , which has to be applied topically over and around the itching area twice daily for 4-6 weeks , effects will be seen within a week if continously used and have to applied over 4-6weeks to get complete cure and i found no reason to change over to other medicines.

Don't apply Anti itch cream which contains Corticosteriods as an ingredient because corticosteriods will nullify the effects of Lotromin cream and helps fungal infections to spread and the itchiness is because of the infection itself and Lotromin cream will definitely relieves itching by clearing the infection.

Antifungal medications can also be taken orally in the form of tablets and it has to be taken over few weeks to get complete cure. there are few medicines can be taken once in a week for 4 weeks.But recommended in severe conditions.

keep the area dry and clean.
Though it si commonly seen in those who sweats a lot and lack of hygene and can also spreads from your partner.

Don't worry continue with the treatment for sufficient duration fungal infection will surely resolves.

Hope this helps you.

Follow-up: What causes itchiness and stickiness around testicles and scrotum ? 7 hours later
Well, I've used the Lotrimin for over 2 years now and still nothing is working. Could there be something stronger that could work? Thanks for answering so quickly!
Answered by Dr. Sunil.N 13 minutes later

Thanks for your follow up query.

You can use the following topical preparations :

Miconazole (Daktarin) cream.
Terbinafine (Lamisil) cream.

The creams are applied to the affected area twice daily for two to four weeks, including a margin of several centimetres of normal skin.

Hope this helps you.

Wish you good health.