What causes irritation under the tongue and white substance on the frenulum?

Did quite a bit of ecstasy last night. 5 pills of different sizes which I'm assuming contained at least 300 mg of MDMA and I'm assuming one may have had a bit of speed in it because I ended up not falling asleep that night, whole next day, and had trouble the next night. Over that night and next day I also smoked somewhere between 20-30 cigarettes with and without countless others. That same next day I noticed a slight irritation under my tongue, almost like a sore but never really looked at it. 2 days after my idiotic night now, its a bit more noticeable but still not that painful. Having inspected it now, it doesn't look like a sore or ball but more of like fine white puss connected to the top of my frenulum above the salivary glands. I'm not sure if its puss or if its actually white, but it extends down the top and sides of my frenulum about a centimeter. I am now starting to feel a little bit of the onset of a cold because i believe my body is exhausted but what I'm wondering from all this is if the white crap and irritated frenulum something to be concerned about.
Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Possible infection. Seek urgent medical attention. Detailed Answer: Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query. I understand that you are worried about the irritation under your tongue and the whitish stuff on the frenulum. From your description of the preceeding events, it is quite likely that the drugs and the smoking could have led to irritation and possible inflammation of that area. However, what is worrying is the whitish stuff that you have noticed, which could very well be a fluid or a pus collection. So, it appears that there is or could potentially be an infection there. In this case, it is advisable to see a doctor immediately, so that appropriate treatment can be initiated to prevent further complications. The oral cavity is a very delicate and vascular area and infection can spread very quickly. So, my opinion is that it is better to avoid any risk and seek urgent medical attention. Till that time, you can try antiseptic mouthwashes or salt water rinsing. Anti-inflammatory tablets like Ibuprofen can help reduce the inflammation and pain. Avoid smoking as it will only irritate the area furthet and delay healing. Drink plenty of fluids and take adequate rest. Wish you a speedy recovery. Regards, Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar Consultant Psychiatrist