What causes irritation in eyes with headache and eye pain?

hello, my daughter seems to have some eye irritations and the symptoms seem related to uveitis. I work as a cmt and am not dumbfounded to health care issues but none of us are equipped with every idiopathic awareness. Please help. She has pain and an actual squeaky sound as she rubs them. Now the eye pain has left and experiencing a headache. Are these sinusitis issues or do I need to dig deeper. What can I do at home to give her any relief. Local hospital will not give or listen to any symptom assessment over the phone without her being seen. I am in transition of changing pediatric doctor.
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 5 hours later
Brief Answer: The problems are related with sinusitis. Detailed Answer: Hello Welcome to Health Care Magic Iam Dr. Dadapeer K, an ophthalmologist and I naswer health problems related to eye. It seems from the history that your 9 year old daughter is having irritation of the eye, associated with headache and eye pain. She is having eczema and minor asthma for which she is on treatment by topical triamcinolone, hydrocortisone... You are suspecting that these symptoms are related to uveitis. Uveitis is inflammation of uveal tissue including iris, ciliary body and choroid of the eye. It is a serious condition and presents with redness, pain, watering and decrease in vision with photophobia. Hence I guess your daughter is not having uveitis. The symptoms your daughter is having seem to be related more to sinusitis. Hence the treatment required for your daughter is treatment for sinusitis as advice from your pediatric doctor. For the eye condition she can use antibiotic eye drops as co existing minor conjunctivitis can be associated with sinusitis. Use of oral analgesic drugs can relieve her pain. Hope I have answered your query and the information is helpful to you. Thank you
Follow-up: What causes irritation in eyes with headache and eye pain? 3 hours later
Thank you Dr. Dadapeer. I do appreciate that. I was hoping it was a little more tolerable instead of something out of my lines right now especially now with this weather.
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Treatment for sinusitis will cure her symptoms. Detailed Answer: Hello Thank you for the follow up query. The symptoms of your 9 year old daughter are mainly because of sinus infection. Since she is also having asthma the symptoms may be aggravated. The treatment of the eye condition is by using antibiotic eye drops and artificial eye drops. I normally prefer to use antibiotic drops like tobramycin in this age group. The treatment of the sinusitis is by Using appropriate antibiotics Symptomatic treatment is by using anlalgesics, mucolytic drugs and decongestant drugs. You can use home remedies like inhalation of vapours for quick relief from symptoms. Hope the information is helpful to you. Thank you