What causes irritation during teething?

Hi my son is 15 month old and has recently got teeth in the front 4 above and 4 below. Now recently he has got a biting habit and it appears to be some irritation. please advice if there is some medication required.
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 1 hour later
Brief Answer: relax. Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for your query. Relax,there is nothing to worry. This irritation will settle in few days. Gently massage his gums with ice. Give some hard thing to bite like rusk,coconut,carrot. Clean his gums and teeth regularly. Give him his regular balanced diet. Hope I have answered your query, Wishing your baby good health. God bless...