What causes irregular periods?
User rating for this question
dear sir and madem,,,,my last period 19/12/13 but till now i havnot periods so i consult doctor...i have no pregnancy.i am 28years old and one year my married life gone. after doctor report my uterus 5.7mm.triple line endometrium with homogenous funtional layer.both ovaries are multillocular ,no solid .cystic mass lesiion noted.my right ovaries measures 25,x4mm and left 25x12mm,,,now i want preganent.how to prevent my irregular perids..any problem cystic ovary in pregnancy... doctor prescribed duolution l for 15days.
Posted Wed, 19 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer: AS BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. Can you please upload the ultrasound report as the typed words are not very clear or informative. The uploaded report will enable me to provide a better diagnosis. You should have thorough evaluation for irregular cycles and inability to conceive. Reasons like stress, anxiety, emotional turbulence, late nights, erratic eating habits, weight gain or loss, over exercise, smoking, drinking , drugs, ingestion of medications that affect the hormonal axis, travelling, climate or altitude changes - these are some common reasons. Other than that, conditions like hypothyroidism, PCOS ( polycystic ovarian disease ) etc need to be ruled out. For this, have a thorough gynecological check up - internal per speculum and per vaginum examination. Also, please get a pelvic ultrasound scan done transvaginally. Then get the following investigations done - FSH, LH, TSH, Prolactin, OGTT, DHEAS, Free testosterone, Lipid profile. This will reveal a diagnosis. According to the problem identified, treatment can be tailored. All the best Please feel free to discuss further.
People also viewed
- What is the cause and treatment for irregular periods
- Irregular periods difficulty in conception what are the causes
- Receptor cells for kinesthesis
- Breast reduction breast infection seeping scar normal
- Why pus cells in urine increase
- Taking mercilon for irregular periods cause of irregular periods
- How is candida vaginitis treated
- What causes missing irregular periods
- Is it normal to bleed during intercourse after a hysterectomy
- Why do i feel a flutter behind my breast
- What is yeast cells in hvs
- What can cause irregular periods
- Urine infection in kids puc cells
- Urine infection pus cells in men
- Pcod folic acid folinic ovacare pregnancy possible