What causes irregular periods with breast soreness,headaches,dizziness and nausea?

Hi! I need help I have taken around 5 pregnacy test all came back negative. My breast are sore (just began this week), headaches at times, dizzy, light headed, nauseous at nights only, certain foods give me chills and can't eat it anymore (get grossed out) I smell many things, I'm constipated (started today). My stomach makes bubbly noises it's weird. Vaginal discharge is white when I wipe clear. My last period was on December 9-13 Iavrage cycle is 37-38 days I'm irregular my period should of came January 16 I am 10 days late now what can it be if I'm not pregnant? Or can I be pregnant? My fiancé and I has intercourse 19-2 unprotected
Posted Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hello, I would be happy to help... Detailed Answer: It is hard to say that you are late for your period when there is such extreme length and irregularity. The fact that your cycles are as long as 38 days suggests that there is extreme variation in terms of when (or if) you ovulate every month. Your story is extremely common: irregular cycles, symptoms of pregnancy and negative tests. My best explanation is that your symptoms are cycle related. It is not uncommon to have the symptoms that you are describing in the 1-2 weeks after ovulation. At this time, a pregnancy test would also be negative. Finally, if you were pregnant, it is also too early to have such profound pregnancy related symptoms. Here is what should happen: 1. You need to see an OB/GYN 2. You need to ask for testing for thyroid disease, prolactin levels as well as testing for diabetes and something called PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) 3. In other words, you need testing for things that cause irregular cycles. Lastly, if you are not wanting to be pregnant, and in order to control your cycles better, birth control pills would seem like an excellent idea. I hope that this helps - good luck!
Follow-up: What causes irregular periods with breast soreness,headaches,dizziness and nausea? 3 minutes later
I was on birth control since December2010 i started with the 1 month shot made feel horrible but i was on it for a year and a half in 2012 i got the iud inserted in july took it out in august gave me a lot of trouble. I was diagnosed with ovarian cyst but were not malignate. Does this make me infertile ?
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thank you for the followup... Detailed Answer: No, this story and what you are telling me does NOT make you infertile. You are obviously still producing estrogen (so your ovaries are working) and you still get a cycle (your uterus is working). The problem is clearly related in some way to your irregular cycles and variation in when or if you ovulate. This can easily be sorted out with an OB/GYN - I would recommend that you seek further evaluation to sort this out. You are very young and time is very much on your side! Good luck!