What causes irregular heart beats?

hi am 22 male , have an irregular heartbeat .... Like i feel like every 4 heartbeats i have a delayed one , but not all the time , The question is . Is it XXXXXXX ? And if i have delayed heartbeat , can i feel it everytime ? Or it comes and disappear ? And i dont know if this helps i feel like a body jolt in night
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: needs further evaluation Detailed Answer: Hello, I have read your query. You say that you are having an irregular heart beat. Is it what you are feeling or a doctor has diagnosed the same in you? If it is what you are feeling, then it needs further evaluation in the form of 24 hrs holter monitoring to confirm the diagnosis. Some forms of irregular heart beats like sinus tachycardia or sinus bradycardia are not XXXXXXX Even some arrhythmia that occur occasionally do not cause any harm to the heart. Now, we need to know what kind of irregular heart beat you are facing. So, please get the investigation done as suggested. The ones which are XXXXXXX are ventricular tachycardia and Atrial fibrillation. It seems like you have more of a conduction defect or bundle branch block. This is not XXXXXXX To be sure of your condition, you need to be evaluated as said above, and a electrocardiography, if required. Take care!
Follow-up: What causes irregular heart beats? 10 minutes later
all i feel when i put my hand on my neck at the puls zone i feel that there is delayed 1 heart beat , and not all the time , is this an irregular heartbeat ? or even XXXXXXX ? , i went to the doctor before a week there was nothing noticed by me (i didnt felt my puls ) and he only done a test with stethoscope said everything was fine
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer: occasional irregular heartbeat is not XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: Hello, What you are feeling is not XXXXXXX You have been examined by your doctor with a stethoscope and everything is fine. In my view, you should watch over your irregular heart beat for a while. Please observe it for 3 to 4 weeks more. If it is persistent or occurs very often, then you may consult a Cardiologist for the 24 hr holter monitoring. For now, nothing XXXXXXX or alarming to your health. Regards,