What causes involuntary eye movements after a vertigo attack?

Hi I have a question about my eyes. I was diagnosed with vertigo around Christmas and had symptoms for a few weeks after I was diagnosed with it. About 2 weeks or so ago some of the vertigo symptoms got better but not all of them. I still have eye movements from side to side if I try to focas on things up close or very far away. It is worse after driving or in the dark. When I stop moving after driving it seems my eyes move. When I had the vertigo I felt more tilting light headedness than dizziness. I'm just scared since most not all of my vertigo has gone away a few weeks ago I still see small movements. Am I ok?
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash 27 hours later
Brief Answer: needs evaluation Detailed Answer: Vertigo symptoms manifest in eye is diplopia. It can be uniocular or binocular. By doing cover test it can be ascertained whether it is uniocular or binocular diplopia. After ascertaining we have to know whether it is muscle involved or nerve involved. Then, we have to find out whether the diplopia is horizontal or vertical. Then see the gaze if it is not compensated then multiple muscle involvement is not there. If it is small then it can be corrected by prism. If it is more, then surgical correction in stages is required.
Follow-up: What causes involuntary eye movements after a vertigo attack? 9 hours later
Thank you. I did end up going to the eye doctor a few weeks ago and he did say my vision was perfect and he didn't see any movement. He said it might be from the vertigo and to give it time. is that ok?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar Dash 10 hours later
Brief Answer: contact after taking second opinion. Detailed Answer: You have visited ophthalmologist. Since he has asked some time I agree with him. You should give sometime. If you cant wait then you are free to take second opinion from another ophthalmologist.