What causes involuntary body movements?

what causes involuntary body movements? They started apx. 18 months ago as tics. they get increasingly worse the more agitated I become.
Posted Wed, 22 Jan 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Involuntary body movements-diabetic neuropathy... Detailed Answer: Hi, The involuntary body movements could be related to peripheral neuropathy caused by diabetes. Other causes include: - possible damages to spinal cord or brain - high blood pressure - possible anti-cholesterol drugs you might take I'd advise to consult with a neurologist to get properly diagnosed and followed up accordingly! All the best! Dr.Alba