What causes intermittent pain in left leg between thigh and knee?

I am experiencing intermittent pain in my left leg between my thigh and my knee. it is not too severe but feels as if my leg might give way! it might happen every 20 minutes or so and has been happening for the last day or 2.
Posted Tue, 25 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Please provide the requested data..... Detailed Answer: Hi, Before going into final conclusions, I'd like to have more of your medical data: - have you been physically involved more than usually recently? - have you started new meds these days? - have you had similar problems earlier? - have you had any accident recently or earlier? Until I get your data, I suggest to - take OTC oral painkiller - apply warm clothing and OTC analgesic cream locally - do massage the pain area - take OTC multivitamin supplemts containing vit d, calcium, fish oil, etc Looking forward to have the requested data in! Thank you!