What causes intermenstrual bleeding ?

Infertility Specialist
My wife staryed her period 8 days ago She was basically done w her period than today the red bleeding started up again and she has light pain in vagina
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 4 hours later
Brief Answer: normal Detailed Answer: Hi It is normal for a lady to have variations in cycle day and frequency once in a while. This is due to variations in hormones due to stress or some other reasons. This bleeding after a gap was due to some small blood clots that remained during first periods. Therefore there is nothing to worry as this is normal event and dont worry about it. Let me know if you have any more questions Regards Dr. Mahesh Koregol