What causes intense pain in lower pelvis after hysterectomy ?
User rating for this question
Good morning, I am 13 days post-op. I have felt pretty good - pain has been tolerable (around 3-4 on pain scale), I have not been overly tired, and overall, felt descent. Since yesterday, the pain has become more intense (reminds of being in labor), and I feel rather crampy. The feeling is in lower pelvic area, and I think it is bowel related . I just finished taking 5 days worth of prednisone to treat hives that occurred since surgery. Some of my friends who had a hysterectomy told me they had some worse days in second week. What are your thoughts?
Posted Wed, 12 Feb 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: pain should not be intense if related to surgery Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX You are almost 2 weeks post op. By this time, any pain related to the surgery should not be more than 2-3 on the pain scale. The kind of pain you are describing, is intense. It should not occur due to the surgery without any complications. I think you need to see your doctor asap. Your incision site should be checked. Abdomen should be palpated to look for any tenderness. Its possible this pain isnt related to surgery. Gastritis, colitis, muscular pain is common. An ultrasound should rule out any intra peritoneal problems. You are possibly right about being bowel related. Avoid constipation. You can take a laxative for a few nights. Cannot rule out infection like colitis either. Drink plenty of water. But since you are recently post op, any surgery related problems should be ruled out first.
People also viewed
- What causes vaginal pain after a hysterectomy
- Multiple fibroids located in the wall of the uterus
- What causes bleeding after hysterectomy
- I have burning feeling in vagina during urination
- Fell down stairs lower abdomen hurts
- Lyme disease and abdomen fullness
- White-ish discharge from my vagina
- What causes adhesions after hysterectomy
- Lower abdomen pain same time daily
- Distended abdomen and miscarriage
- What causes intense pain in lower pelvis after hysterectomy
- Tissue like substance in my vagina what is it
- What is the cause of stomach pain after a hysterectomy
- Tickly cough pain in abdomen
- My vagina started itching why i have this problem