What causes intense dizziness and headache?
User rating for this question
Today I have been feeling headachey and under the weather and about six times suffered a brief period about 30 seconds of intense dizziness and a strange unidentifiable smell.
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: Needs an EEG Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. The fact that you had brief episodes of intense dizziness accompanied with strange unidentifiable smell which probably others did not get suggests an epileptic possibility. You should get an EEG done to identify if there is any focal activity. Any focal activity in the olfactory pathway can lead to this kind of symptom. Your head ache may also be related to the same. EEG would be the best investigation to do. EEG is done by either a psychiatrist or a neurologist. There is nothing serious to worry about. It may take some antiepileptic medications like carbamazepine or valproate to take care of. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
People also viewed
- Remedies for wetter virgina
- What causes a headache dizziness and racing heart rate
- What causes dizziness with mild headache
- Surgery to remove sentinal tags
- How to deal with headache and mood swings
- What causes headaches and dizziness
- What is the remedy for constant headache
- Stent removal in the throat
- Remove urine stain underwear
- Why am i having minor headaches from past few months
- What causes frequent headaches and dizziness
- Removing scar tissue in srtomach
- Suggest me treatment for constant headache
- Is it safe to take tylenol for cluster headaches
- What causes intense dizziness and headache