What causes intense dizziness and headache?
User rating for this question
Today I have been feeling headachey and under the weather and about six times suffered a brief period about 30 seconds of intense dizziness and a strange unidentifiable smell.
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: Needs an EEG Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. The fact that you had brief episodes of intense dizziness accompanied with strange unidentifiable smell which probably others did not get suggests an epileptic possibility. You should get an EEG done to identify if there is any focal activity. Any focal activity in the olfactory pathway can lead to this kind of symptom. Your head ache may also be related to the same. EEG would be the best investigation to do. EEG is done by either a psychiatrist or a neurologist. There is nothing serious to worry about. It may take some antiepileptic medications like carbamazepine or valproate to take care of. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
People also viewed
- What causes a headache dizziness and racing heart rate
- Vitamin c and elevated liver enzimes
- Lightheaded after coloscopy
- What causes frequent headaches and dizziness
- What causes intense dizziness and headache
- Headache and right temple is swelling
- Gilberts vitamin c time
- New dizziness headache virus
- What causes dizziness with mild headache
- Eching legs and headaches
- Hep c food sticks in throat
- What causes headaches and dizziness
- Hard bump on skull near vp shunt
- Irregular hemoglobin c and joint pain
- Dried lips with hepatitis c