What causes inflammation in right foot while taking treatment for neuropathy?

I am being treated for neuropathy but as the weeks have [progressed I now have swelling and inflamation in my lright foot and anke and my left wrist and arm up to my shoulder. each morning I wake up very lame and stiff and the lames that started in October in my left shoulder and neck has progressed to both shoulders and right foot and ankle as well as down the entire left arm. it acts like what I think of as RA but many tests don't show that , just a very slight elevation in the RA test. XXXX UNDER "USER SELECTED CATEGORY" IT SAYS "LUPUS". I BELIEVE IT SHOULD SAY 'RHEUMOTOGY'
Posted Sun, 9 Feb 2014 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your query It will be good if you tell me the details of tests you have undergone . i will like to know the Anti CCP test and ESR report that is specific for Rheumatoid arthritis Also send me the report of Serum uric acid . Take care. Dr. Shruti
Follow-up: What causes inflammation in right foot while taking treatment for neuropathy? 5 hours later
I will go to the office and ask for paperwork tomorrow, which is the earliest I can do that. Also, I have a sister and 2 brothers with various stages of RA. There is a family history of diabetes and ostheoarthritis. This sister has Fibromyalgia and a bunch of other stuff. I have always managed to stay active and healthy. Can the swelling, pain, and fever in the joint be something other than RA? Thank you, XXXX
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Yes it can a part of fibromyalgia or gout since you XXXXXXX post menopausal female because ankle involvement is unlikely in rheumatoid in starting of disease althogh it can happen in later stages . So I need to see the report before saying anything. Dr. Shruti