What causes inflamed and sore penis tip?

Very inflamed and sore penis tip( developed quickly overnight)which started about a week ago; treated with Clotrimazole cream and Co - amoxiclav tablets.( I have had similar problems twice before which went on for weeks with an extremely sore and inflamed penis tip where the skin all came off, then nasty scabs and penis so sensitive I couldn't wear any clothes.) This time things got worse after two days and I could not pass urine at all so I sat in the bath and soaked for 10 mins and then tried - excruciating pain from urethra and meatus, but successful and continuing with this.Went back to Doctor and told to stop previous medications and apply Betnovate cream.Swab round urethral meatus taken - results not back yet. I am concerned that I have an ongoing problem which nobody can really supply an explanation for.
Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: Candida or psoriasis Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query, Probably you are developing recurrent candida infection. Another possibility is psoriasis of the tip of penis. I would like to know following additional things, 1. Are you a known diabetic? if not let me know your blood sugar levels. 2. Do you any other lesions elsewhere on body? If possible please upload a photograph of the lesion. This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis and a better line of management. There is an option to upload photos on right side of query page. Please utilize that. Waiting for your response. Thank you
Follow-up: What causes inflamed and sore penis tip? 5 hours later
I do not have diabetes as far as I know, but I don't know my current blood glucose levels(last checked April 2013). I don't have any other lesions but have uploaded penis tip photo. Regards DM
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 14 hours later
Brief Answer: psoriasis, betnovate will help Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the photographs. It is looking like psoriasis of tip of penis which has got infected. Betnovate should help you. If there is no response within 15 days, a biopsy might be required to ascertain cause. Sometimes cancers too present as a chronic non healing lesion, biopsy will be helpful in ruling it out. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you