What causes infertility when everything is normal?

Apr 2014

I'm trying for baby since May 2012 it is almost 19 months now. All reports are normal like sperm analysis, My wife tubes are open, Ovulation is positive. Eggs are getting ready. Getting released also. still no success. My age is 31 and my wife age is 26 years I have done my semen analysis thrice which comes normal with more than 40 ml sperm count and normal morphology and 60 above motility. I have done all test like HSG, FSH, Tubes are opened. Lh. Prolactin all are normal Very First Month dr gave clomid day 3 to day 7 and scanned on 11th day which shows left ovary follicle with measuring 14mm and endometrium with less than 5 mm. Second month doctor gave Adova for 5 days and did scan and report turns on 11th day follicle size below 10 mm and endometrium is 8 mm . On 14 day egg were realesed and ovulation test was positive Dr asked us to keep relation and gave progesterone tablet morning and night vaginal. and asked us to come if menses does not happened. But correct 30 days menses came. Third month same cycle but follicle size were 15 mm on 14th day of cycle and gave us injection of 1000 IU and asked us to keep relation one day after injection. which does not help. Forth month same thing happened. Nothing comes with good news. Fifth month doctor told us go for IUI. When we asked she said everything is fine but IUI has better chance and there could be antibody syndrome or PCOS. When i check with other doctor for second opinion they said everything normal. My sperm counts normal . My tubes are open. Eggs are getting. Eggs are getting release and ruptured. Ovulation is positive. But doctor said wait for some time or go for IUI Now question is after all treatment over 6 months and when everything is normal and Ok then why not we are getting good news and not getting conceived when we are following ovulation chart and calender. Can you please guide us where we are going wrong and what is wrong with reports We want to go for natural baby not IUI or IVF
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Your doctor has given you right advice. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX Fertilization is a very complex process and some times cause of infertility can't be explained. Both of you have all the reports normal. I don't think your wife is having PCOD. It is diagnosed on USG and biochemical basis.With all the investigations done it is unlikely to have PCOD. Antibodies against the sperms can be one of the possible causes.There are many other external factors like environmental factors that also affect fertility,which is beyond our control. Your doctor has given you right advice.You can wait for some time then you can proceed for IUI. IUI is the simplest procedure among all assisted techniques.It will by pass the antibody effect,so you can proceed.There is no problem in IUI,you will have natural baby. Don't take stress and try to be happy in life.Stress is also related to infertility. You are rightly following ovulation chart and calender. Hope I have answered your question. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
Follow-up: What causes infertility when everything is normal? 12 hours later
Thank you The another question is follicular study which I have mentioned is correct. What should be the size. I don't want to go for iui. Please tell us what are the changes of getting pregnant without medication. How many months and year it Will take.
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 18 hours later
Brief Answer: Ovum size(23 to 28 mm)is ideal for higher chances. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing back Ovum size ranging from 23 to 28 mm is ideal for higher pregnancy chances.There is no problem in ovulation in your case. You shouldn't be impatient and try for the best. There is no problem in IUI. Many couples are opting this.It involves minimum invasion as compared to other methods.There are few things which are beyond our control and you should accept this reality. Hope I have answered your question. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX