What causes increased heart rate?

This morning after sleeping on my right side I awaken with a rapid heart beat 112.. I've been under a lot of stress this past weekend and now I have high blood pressure 135/ 79 with a rapid heart rate 102 .. And my blood sugar is 145. What should I do Took a blood pressure pill Amloipine 5mg
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: See your doctor / Get an ECG Detailed Answer: Dear friend, Welcome to Health Care Magic See your Internist / get yourself examined / at times, basic investigation – like ECG, Blood Count & Thyroid - may be necessary... Amlodipine – by itself – can raise the heart rate! Beta-blockers – like metoprolol in small doses – are better suited here / they control the rate and pressure and help in anxiety too. Your care provider can give appropriate prescription… Good luck Take care Wishing all well God bless