What causes increase in liver enzymes?

Hi Sir, My wife has been suffering from fever since 2 wks and conducted few blood tests and confirmed that she is having typhoid. Recently we have also done other tests like Liver test, urion test etc but doctor is not avilable to show the reports. could you please check and let me know if everything is fine.
Posted Thu, 13 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Need some more investigations Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Amongst the attached reports, the Liver enzymes SGOT and SGPT are too high. This indicates Liver damage. I suggest you to get complete Liver function test (LFT)along with the below tests to identify the cause for the same. HbsAg Dengue IgM Ultrasound scan of the abdomen and pelvis Stool analysis Get the tests done at the earliest. Regards,