What causes increase in heart rate?

Hi I'm concern within the last few weeks I've noticed that my heart rate increases very fast with minimal movement I went to the ER had an EKG n they told me sinus tachycardia any advice
Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: Serious conditions should be ruled out first... Detailed Answer: Hi, I had gone through your query and understand your concerns. With such presentations in my clinic, I would first rule out serious conditions with ECG, stress tests, Holter monitoring and thyroid function test. Once I am sure everything is fine, then, there is no need to be concerned. It might be related to sedentary life or hormonal changes. I advise to make some changes in your lifestyle and diet as following: - avoid alcohol/caffeine/energetic drinks - be more physically active - try to control stress Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Dr.Benard
Follow-up: What causes increase in heart rate? 4 minutes later
Ok i am wearing an event monitor now. I had a 24 holter but no feed back yet. I had a thyroid panel which showed tsh 0.1 but t3 ans t4 were normal. I also just had a baby 11 weeks ago
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: Looking forward for Holter/event monitor results. Detailed Answer: Hi back, Congratulations to you and welcome to the little one! I believe you are very enthusiastic to have your baby with you. Sometimes, this enthusiasm (joy) is often associated with anxiety by some young mothers. Once they got used about the new situation they are in, everything will be back to normal again; no problem will be apparent. If this is your case, then, I suggest to wait until you got the results of Holter monitoring and event monitor (as you are wearing now) for final conclusions. Looking forward to have the reports in! Dr.Benard