What causes increase in body temperature as the day passes?

Hi, My body temperature increases as the day goes by. Feel feverish at night. Joints and body pain. Thanks XXXX
Posted Sat, 1 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Need more details Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I am Dr Saumya Mittal, MD First and foremost, I would like to tell you that the body temperature always rises as the day passes. Its always higher in the evening. That part is normal. I fail to summarize from your query how high the temperature goes. So that is one aspect that you need to tell me in your return query. I would also like to know if you have taken any medicines so far? And which? And if any tests are done, please upload them as well. From your query I summarize that your have fever with joint pains with bodyache. What I need to know is which joints are affected? Is there any redness or swelling of the joints? Now there are two aspects 1. the fever and joint pain and bodyache are associated and part of the same disease syndrome. 2. the fever is due to a cause like maybe a viral disease and the joint pain and bodyache are due to this. I would accordingly suggest the following tests- a. complete hemogram b. rheumatoid factor c. kidney function tests d. blood and urine culture I would meanwhile suggest you take antipyretics for comfort and take plenty of fluids. Please let me know the details so I may be able to help you better. Awaiting your return query Best of luck Dr Saumya Mittal