What causes imbalance when suffering from vertigo?

I feel off balance after my vertigo spell of 9 weeks ago.. I can walk straight, hold my balance well but my head feels like it sways inside.. Hard to explain... When I move my arms I feel like my whole body sways... Dr thinks I might have had an inner ear virus and that there are still little crystal floating around that will eventually go away... Suggestions? Also when I am standing, not sure if it's me doing but my heels raise up and down.. As if I am doing calf exercises... And my neck feels heavy or stiff can't tell..
Posted Fri, 31 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 3 hours later
Brief Answer: FOLLOWS. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that whatever your doctor is saying is right and both the possibilities exist of the inner ear infection and persistance of crystals . But still two more things that I would like to be excluded are Cerebellar dysfunction which can exactly present as you are giving history . Second less likely but a cervical spine dysfunction . For the latter physical examination can help in making a diagnosis and you are undergoing MRI neck as well . if your doctor aggrees , then brain imaging also needs to be done. Take care. Dr. Shruti
Follow-up: What causes imbalance when suffering from vertigo? 16 minutes later
will the mri show cerebellar dysfunction.. mri of brain was unremarkable.
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 11 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam , If your MRI Brain was normal then the likelihood of cerebellar dysfunction is low . In that case your treating doctor has already excluded all the possible conditions and he is guiding you right . kindly follow his advise. Dr. Shruti