What causes hyperactivity in childern and how can it be dealt with?

I have a 2 year old kid ( this Nov ). she started walking when she was 8.5 months old. she is hyperactive. always in constant motion. she doesn't seem to be interested in any toys other than kitchen set and building blocks. but that too like only for 5-10mins.else all toys are like just for 1min play. she always wants to play out but whenever I take her out she bruises herself. her forehead has had swellings more than 10times and now they are like bulges. she recently injured herself on the nose between her eyes. I don't have any servant or anyone else to help me with house hold chores or with her. I go mad by night coz of her naughtiness. how much ever I try explaining to her she repeats her mischiefs. I really am worried about her. I m worried about her health too cos of all the injuries. what can I do to reduce her hyperactivity? I have tried to make her sit with toys and books. I must say she learns quickly and knows everything I have taught her- animals, birds, fruits, vegetables, alphabets, numbers, body parts, occupations and even flags.
Posted Sun, 29 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. Relax,there is nothing to worry. Such kind of behavioir is normal in some toddlers. As you told that she is a quick learner,this is really appreciable. You need to spend time with her,engage her in activities of her interest. Reward her by taking her out for playing/sing her favourite nursery rhymes . Slowly she will be easy to control. But you have to be very patient with her. Relax,matter of few more months till she grow little older. Hope I have answered your query,let me know if you have any further question. Wishing your baby good health. God bless..