What causes horizontal gashes on discomfort tongue?

hello......i have horizontal gashes on my tongue. my tongue burns when i eat or drink especially soda . i saw my dentist and he told me it would go as it came. its getting worse. pls advise
Posted Fri, 28 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please get the following tests done from a lab. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for choosing It could be due to dryness of tongue or vitamin B12 deficiency. I suggest to check vitamin d3, serum Vitamin B6 AND B12 levels from a good lab. Lemictal can cause folic acid deficiency so finding level of folic acid is also good idea. You can contact after you have got these tests done. DR SAATIISH JHUNTRRAA