What causes hoarseness of voice and difficulty in taking breath with conditon of orthostatic hypotension?
User rating for this question
Whenever my heart starts racing, 150+beats/min, my voice goes hoarse like I have laryngitis and it's hard to carry on a conversation until my heart slows down. My voice slowly comes back, this can happen numerous times a day. I will mention this is not an anxiety attack. I have been through a bunch of heart monitoring which has shown SVT's, my EF is 45% and I have 2 valves mildly leaking, mitral and tricuspid. I have orthostatic hypotension and Von Willebrands. I have been told that I have no structural heart or valve disease, and no known food allergies, and my thyroid is good. Last week, I massaged the vein on the side of my neck and my heart stopped racing and my voice came back within a couple of minutes. I also started using an inhaler and that helped as well. Any explanations to heart and voice changes?
Posted Sun, 29 Dec 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Maruti Karale 4 hours later
Brief Answer: SVT or arrhythmias can cause such symptoms Detailed Answer: Hello Kristingalley, I had gone through your history and understood your problem. Hoarseness of voice and difficulty in taking breath are due to arrhythmia like SVT which causes heart to pump blood inadequately.This leads to decreased cardiac output and coronary supply.Also you have low EF (45%) leading to symptoms more severe. Treatment and prevention of arrhythmia is more helpful to you to avoid the symptoms. Hope I am up to your satisfaction. Thank you.
People also viewed
- Causes of severe orthostatic hypotension
- White plaques with epidermal atrophy
- Orthostatic hypotension causes
- Food for hand shivering
- How to take orthostatic hypotension
- Twitch on right nostril done to lip
- How long before iron tablets start to work
- How long cellilitis swelling go down
- How to treat microvascular ischemic disease
- Trapped nerve shoulder blade burning
- How long do i have to live stage 4 congestive heart failure
- Can i take orvaten for orthostatic hypotension ?
- How do i get crystal meth outta my system in 24 hours because i have to go for a blood test
- How long after a heart cath is there a risk of bleeding
- Drugs that cause orthostatic hypotension