What causes hives all over my body inspite of not being allergic to anything?

hey , im 15 years old i just had a baby 3 months ago and im starting to breaking out with hives all over my body , they are very itchy , sometimes they go away for a couple days then come back . and my doctor said im not allergic to anything.
Posted Tue, 25 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Urticaria Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to healthcare magic, You seem to be having acute urticaria. The most common cause of acute urticaria is food. Seafood, meat, poultry, egg, milk, apples, brinjal, strawberry, coloring agents etc are commonly implicated. It is subjective and any food can cause it. Other common causes are medicines, infections, insect bites etc. Are you taking any kind of over the counter medications especially pain killers or dietary supplements, Ayurvedic concoctions, herbal remedies, etc? If so, try to see if it correlates with onset of rashes? Do you have a bad tooth (caries) which troubles you on and off which you seem to ignore? The source of infection triggering the rashes could be a tooth infection. I would also suggest you to get your thyroid profile checked as urticaria could co- exist with a thyroid abnormality. And sometimes, correcting the thyroid status would control the rashes to some extent. You may take an anti histamine like Fexofenadine 180 mg daily or Loratadine 10 mg daily once for the hives. Apply calamine lotion over the rash as and when required for soothing effect. I will be happy to answer any further queries. Take care