What causes high result in ca 2729 test?
User rating for this question
If tumor markers are high and no other tests back up the high results of the ca 2729 what could be the cause of the high results?
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: See below.... Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this high value and all the disturbing thoughts this has caused you. This test mayy have elevated numbers not related to breast cancer. This can be seen in many other conditions some of which include Chronic hepatitis, Liver, Tuberculosis, Sarcoidosis, Benign breast disease, Pelvic inflammatory disease, Endometriosis, Ovarian cysts, Systemic lupus erythematosus, Lactation and pregnancy. When no apparent cause is identified, the levels are monitored over time to make sure they are stable. If they are rather increasing, then some more aggressive measures would be undertaken to see if a cause can be identified. Given the history of breast cancer, I will strongly recommend monitoring these numbers because they may signal a recurrence of the breast cancer. I really hope not. With a 10years remission, the chances are even less that it could be a recurrence but then we need to stay very cautious. I hope this addresses your query fully. Feel free to ask for clarifications and more information if need be. I wish you well. Thanks for utilizing our services, we very much appreciate it. Dr. Ditah, MD.
People also viewed
- Savlon side effect
- Pancreatic cancer caused from smoking marijuana
- Sharp pain on bridge after rhinoplasty
- Pancreatic fluttering
- What causes chest pain with normal test results
- Serratia liquefaciens bacteria color
- Sharp chest pain and metal taste in mouth
- What could be the cause for positive stress test result
- Rls in my upper arms
- Palpitations stopped after taking iron pills
- Panadol weaken body immune system
- What cause monocyte to be high
- What the causes of having cpk test result of 1800
- What causes high result in ca 2729 test
- Pains in chest but ecg is ok is it my heart