What causes high result in ca 2729 test?
User rating for this question
If tumor markers are high and no other tests back up the high results of the ca 2729 what could be the cause of the high results?
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: See below.... Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this high value and all the disturbing thoughts this has caused you. This test mayy have elevated numbers not related to breast cancer. This can be seen in many other conditions some of which include Chronic hepatitis, Liver, Tuberculosis, Sarcoidosis, Benign breast disease, Pelvic inflammatory disease, Endometriosis, Ovarian cysts, Systemic lupus erythematosus, Lactation and pregnancy. When no apparent cause is identified, the levels are monitored over time to make sure they are stable. If they are rather increasing, then some more aggressive measures would be undertaken to see if a cause can be identified. Given the history of breast cancer, I will strongly recommend monitoring these numbers because they may signal a recurrence of the breast cancer. I really hope not. With a 10years remission, the chances are even less that it could be a recurrence but then we need to stay very cautious. I hope this addresses your query fully. Feel free to ask for clarifications and more information if need be. I wish you well. Thanks for utilizing our services, we very much appreciate it. Dr. Ditah, MD.
People also viewed
- Alcohol and fatigue the next day
- Extreme head pain when coughing
- Mantoux test and alcohol consumption
- Drinking alcohol and colace
- Fainting spells and birth control
- What causes chest pain with normal test results
- Fainting after hitting knee hard
- What could be the cause for positive stress test result
- Fat coming out of stitches
- What cause monocyte to be high
- Fatigue after car accident normal
- What the causes of having cpk test result of 1800
- Anyone drink alcohol while on cozaar
- What causes high result in ca 2729 test
- Rubbing alcohol for foot cramps