What causes hematuria?
User rating for this question
My husband has had hematuria for the past two days every time he voids he has a thin stream of blood at the beginning of his void and then nothing further. He has no pain, burning, increased frequency, no fever, no general malaise. I was thinking kidney stones? But there is no pain. Also two years ago he had trouble with impotence and premature ejaculation and then it went away. Could this all be related?
Posted Fri, 21 Mar 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: He need proper clinical exam & investigation. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX Thanks for writing to HCM Your husband need proper clinical examination and investigations. Hematuria may be due to many reasons like calculus (in kidney,ureter or urinary bladder),urinary tract infection,tumour etc. Painless hematuria shouldn't be ignored and he need detail workup by a nephrologist.Possibility of mass should be ruled out in painless hematuria. He need investigations like routine hemogram,random blood sugar,urine RE/ME,ultrasound of abdomen,CT Scan of abdomen if needed.Further investigation scan can be done if needed. No,it is not related to history of impotence and premature ejaculation. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
People also viewed
- Causes of microscopic hematuria
- Is constipation a side effect of orlistat?
- Hematuria caused by oxyelite pro
- Itchy cracked foreskin
- Causes of hematuria
- Dark spot on head of penis tingling feeling
- What are the side effects of pantoprazole?
- Is sweating a side effect of pantoprazole?
- What doctor specializes in sperm count
- Is dark urine a side effect of nifedipine?
- What is hematuria
- Is sleeplessness a side effect of regimex?
- I keep getting red spots on penis head every few weeks
- Yellow or brown sperm
- Will oxybutynin cause microscopic hematuria