What causes heavy and dark periods when suffering from POCOS?

Hello I 2 weeks ago I suffered from sever stomach pain with nausea follows by sever vomiting 1 week later I got my monthy period however it has been 7 days and I still have it, it is still heavy and has almost black clots in it, I am on the pill and also have poly cystic ovarian syndrome. Prior to this period I had not had one for 2 months should I be worried
Posted Thu, 27 Mar 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Bhagyashree.B 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: consider tranexamic acid tablets Detailed Answer: Dear maree, As you have PCOS and irregular cycles the period will be heavy and dark color with clots. It is not something which is abnormal. If you are still bleeding heavily then you can consider taking tranexamic acid tablets to reduce bleeding. Your local doctor will know about this pill. Consider iron supplements to reduce fatigue due to blood loss. Thanks Dr Bhagyashree