What causes heaviness in abdomen during ovulation?
User rating for this question
My name is XXXX and i am 30 years old and having 5 years old son..I need to know that during ovulation i usually have heaviness in my lower abdomen since 8 years..Shown to doctor then i was physiological..but i get severe heaviness and not able to walk during that time..it occurs only for 3 days..it gets corrected by itself..
Posted Wed, 8 Jan 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer: TRY OC PILLS FOR 2 - 3 CYCLES. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. It is common to experience cramps and heaviness in the abdomen during ovulation . This is because the hormonal levels are at their peak, and the body is engorged and full of fluid around this time. You can try taking oral contraceptive pills for 2 - 3 cycles. They will inhibit ovulation and provide temporary relief, by which time, the body would adapt and adjust to the new hormonal mileau. Also, taking lots of fluids and avoiding dehydration during this phase is a must. You can take daily Vitamin E supplements to provide symptomatic relief. Electrolyte deficiency also contributes to the heaviness - make sure you are taking enough salt, potassium and water during this period. Taking analgesics like Combiflam will help you also. However, do try taking OC pills for 2 - 3 cycles. All the best. Please feel free to ask for further clarifications.
People also viewed
- What could cause regular itching and discomfort during ovulation
- Taking duphaston and still periods dont stop
- I got moles and a crooked nose
- What causes heaviness in abdomen during ovulation
- Crooked teeth medical term
- What causes spotting after ovulation
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome in dogs
- Crocin syrup in milk
- Normal ovaries with a dominant follicle left
- Polycystic ovary syndrome in dogs
- Left ovarian simple dominent follicle
- How to fix crooked eyebrows
- Swollen gland in crook
- Causes of fever during ovulation
- What causes rise in bp during ovulation