What causes heaviness and swelling in under arm?

i m 43 yers old weight 77kg hight 5-10 having luns in the body for more than 15 years. i also have heavynees in my axilla. plz advice.
Posted Wed, 12 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Lohit K -9 hours later
Brief Answer: Provide details of your symptom. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thanks for writing to us. I went through your query and understood your concern. Give me a detailed description of your symptom, so that i can help you in abetter way. Heaviness in axila: Do you have any swelling in axila? Is it on both side or one side/ Is it present through out the day? when it gets aggravates? get back to me with details, i will be happy to answer your query. regards
Follow-up: What causes heaviness and swelling in under arm? 34 minutes later
sweelling may be is in both side for the last almost 13 years. it is experienced all day but at night feel summer i feel it more.
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 10 hours later
Brief Answer: Lipoma, brest tissue Detailed Answer: Heaviness in under arm could be due to any swelling, which could be due to lymph node enlargement, infection of sebaceous gland, dilated artery or pressure over nerve . Examination by a qualified doctor helps to confirm your condition. Other possible cause wold be presence of breast tissue in arm pit,Breast tissue normally may occur any where along milk line extends fromthe lower armpit--we call it the AXILLARY TAIL OF SPENCE to groin. Unless it is painful or cosmetically a major problem, there is nothing to worry about having breast tissue in the armpit area. It is very common. There are fatty tumors called lipoma's though and you should see your doctor to establish a diagnosis. Remove hair in arm pit regularly, as they can cause friction while arm movement. Hope this helps you.
Follow-up: What causes heaviness and swelling in under arm? 35 hours later
what treatment should i take. i have also lumps in back , chest & stomach. along with above problem. is this related to each other. what is infection of sebaceous gland.
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 14 hours later
Brief Answer: Treatment depends on cause. Detailed Answer: Hi, treatment depends on cause. If its a lipoma removal of swelling is recommended. Infection of gland needs antibiotic tretment and warm compresssion. Common cause for lumps on back chest and abdomen is neurofibroma. Physical examination by a qualified doctor help to confirm your condition. If its a neurofibroma case, yes swelling are related . or it could be due to other cause like lipoma. Sabaceous gland is a one of the gland present in skin, which secretes oil, when duct gets blocked results in infection of gland. Hope this helps you. feel free to ask further queries. Regards