What causes heart palpitations with stomach pain?

Hi, I was suffering from heart palpitations since two months and since 1 week stomach pain started. Pl go through CT scan enclosed and provide your comments
Posted Sat, 22 Mar 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: Can be Tuberculosis. Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Hi , I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern. Heart Palpitations are unrelated to your CT Findings. I would like to make you clear that palpitations can occur as a result of severe abdominal pain due to anxiety. In first instance a patient with palpitations and abdominal pain , following things are required: 1. ECG 2. Ultrasound Abdomen. CECT is indicated later. Since you have got it done , your CT Chest findings have no co relation with your palpitations and abdominal pain. There is a small nodule that requires evaluation , as it can be due to : 1. Tuberculosis 2. Malignancy 3. Sarcoidosis. 4. Acute bacterial Infection So , i would advice you to get ESR , Sputum for Acid Fast Bacilli (AFB) , Mantoux Test , ACE Levels. If these things don't give a definitive diagnosis, a bronchoscopy would be required. Now about your CT Abdomen. Renal Calculi can be present in a large number of people , and we don't interfere with them if they are not causing any trouble. So , tell me exactly where you had pain? Was it colicky? Any radiation of pain? Any vomitings associated? Small mesenteric Lymph Nodes are also noted , they can be normal and can also again be due to Tuberculosis. So , dear , get further evaluation as i have advised. This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any query you may please ask me. Stay Healthy. Dr Anshul Varshney , MD
Follow-up: What causes heart palpitations with stomach pain? 24 hours later
Hi, IfTB tests are negative. Can I wait for one month and then repeat CT to check for change in size of nodules? Or shall I go for bronchoscopy? Which one do you suggest? I am bit tensed to get bronchoscopy done.
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: Get Tested , if required bronchoscopy too. Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. First of all get tested to rule out Tuberculosis. If we are able to diagnose TB on investigations as advised, you won't require bronchoscopy. But if the results are inconclusive , i would strongly advise you to go for bronchoscopy , that would diagnose you perfectly. We also try to avoid invasive procedures , so we advise initially to rule out things through non invasive methods. There is no role of repeating a CT Scan to see for change in size of nodules. You have to understand that whatever it is, it is a disease. So , timely treatment is required. I would not recommend you to wait for sometime and get CT done. Just think , if your nodule size increases on a repeat CT , you will be in trouble and then you have to get these investigations including bronchoscopy. So , first of all get the initial investigations that i have suggested in my first reply , tell me the results , i will guide you , whether you require a bronchoscopy or not. I hope i am able to answer your query, If you have any further query , i am here to answer it. If your query is resolved , please close the discussion and rate it.