What causes heart flutter to on and off?

I am a female, 5'8", 170 lbs, flutter in chest, cough, pain between shoulder blades. I had sinus drainage and a cough a couple of weeks back, no fever. I should say I get that tiny heart flutter off an on and have since my 20s.
Posted Thu, 27 Mar 2014 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need a few tests Detailed Answer: Hi I am Dr Saumya Mittal, MD I will try to help you with your query. The point is that the flutter in the heart needs to be evaluated. There are many causes for it. Some are organic, in that there is an actual pathology in the heart due to which you get the palpitation. The other cause is something non organic, which includes conditions like anxiety. Since you have had the condition since a few years, I would assume you have had some tests done so far. I there fore request you to upload the report of EKG, echocardiography and holter monitoring, if done so far. If they have not been done so far, I would suggest you try to get them. I hope that helps. Please do upload the reports so I can help you further. Best of luck Dr Saumya Mittal