What causes headaches,sweating,excessive sleeping and apetite loss?

My partner is 51 he is normally well. A week ago started feeling unwell with thumping headache , tried Panadol extra, ibuprofen xtra for two days with only slight improvement but always reoccurring, went to work had to come home x2 but struggled through rest of week. Went to GP Monday gave him paracetamol and codine SR ibuprofen 800 and tramadol he has been taking all reg and again still having thumping headaches, excessive sweating and sleeping excessively, eating very little. What can it be
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: Injection Sumatriptan should give relief. Detailed Answer: Hi friend, Thanks for your query. Further information such as, associated nausea, vomiting, intolerance to light/sound, zigzag lights, swelling of eyelid, running nose; constant mental stress; and, past medical history (particularly high blood pressure) if any, will be invaluable help in pinpointing the cause of almost-persistent severe headache. However, from the information available, the most likely causes are cluster headaches or Migraines- both of which have the prevailing symptoms (excessive sweating and sleepiness) in common. The other possibility is a brain lesion of recent occurrence. Inj Sumatriptan ought to give significant relief in both ; cluster headache and Migraine attack. At the same time, an urgent MRI brain should be carried out to search for/rule out a lesion as the cause of severe headaches. However, further opinion can only be given on receipt of requested information. Consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with me, order MRI Brain and give Inj Sumatriptan + oral ibuprofen in appropriate doses. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Take care Dr. Rakesh Karanwal